Monday, August 21, 2006

Kick it!

A couple years ago B and I went to a Pixies concert in Philadelphia and met the cutest button of a girl from North Carolina while we were having pre-show cocktails on the veranda of the venue… What I actually mean when I say cocktails is beer sold in a plastic representation of a guitar and when I say veranda I mean the designated smoking area to which we retired in 10-degree weather. What. Anyway, we met her after B used the empty plasitc guitar to rip a killer air guitar solo and the primary thing I remember about her besides the fact that she was like five feet tall in platform shoes is that she showed her enthusiasm with, I kid you not, “high-kicks.” That’s what she called it, anyway, “high-kicks.” So she would say something like “I am so psyched to see the F-ing Pixies!” and then kick her leg really high. And she would wind up for it by starting out with her leg behind her so that she could achieve maximum height and velocity. It ranks as one of the funniest things I have ever seen (below B’s impression of an Olympic track runner but only just). Anyway, I have been picturing Betty like this girl because she has been hauling off with the kicks lately and it is a nice image for me. Like when I eat something delicious she shows her appreciation with high-kicks… Thanks Betty! I liked it too! Or when I sit at my desk, talk on the phone, try to go to sleep…whatever! She’s totally into it! Betty’s great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home