Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'll take a bored on the rocks, please

If a tree falls in the forest but no one is there to hear it, did it make a sound? Or alternatively, if I am not out having cocktails, is it really Friday night? I’ve pondered this recently as I sit at home on a Friday night and try to think of what I ever did with myself before I was of legal drinking age, and just what is so great about Friday night if you aren’t sipping a mojito at a bar and reviewing the new season of Project Runway with your friends? One might suppose that your ability to sleep late the next day differentiates the night from the rest of the week, but this is an aspect of Friday night that, to my mind, just rubs salt in the wound. It means I stay up later than I would on a Thursday night -which may result in one more sodoku puzzle or another re-run of Law and Order. Hardly a bonus if you’re trying to convince yourself you are not a loser. It also doesn’t help that my dog seems to have more of an agenda for Friday night than I do and doesn’t seem to think that playing dress-up with her fits into it.

1 Comments:

Blogger p-phag said...

You can start hosting mocktail parties. That would be a hoot!

Oh, Rae. You may need a visitor soon. And yes, we can have mocktails.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home