Friday, September 15, 2006

Buckley for EOTY 2007

As many people know, the Congressional campaign season has begun in earnest. What people may not know is that I am also in the midst of a campaign season myself because I am the current Employee of the Year for 2006. As the incumbent I feel I deserve another term to finish the initiatives I started such as free chocolate on the desk, signature smiley faces in my professional memos and the addition of soft rock on the phone system while people are on hold. The only problem is that I will be out of the office for three months in 2007 on my FMLA sabbatical, which will allow other contenders to take the spotlight in my absence. Therefore, I have begun my campaign in earnest by politely pointing things out that I’m doing well because I’ve heard that people love that. I use the “cc” option on my email to include everyone I’ve ever known professionally in my correspondence so that they can keep up with my day to day activities. I introduce myself in meetings as the 2006 EOTY (eeeyoteewhy) and have submitted a request to our office manager for that designation to be added to my business card. I am also working on setting up a meeting with the Mayor to introduce myself and offer him some constructive feedback, after which I will provide the Town newsletter with an exclusive expose on what happened at that meeting. It’s a lot of work in addition to my regular duties but since this greatness was thrust upon me I feel I am honor-bound to live up to the EOTY office and prove that working mothers can still have it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home