Friday, September 08, 2006

Halfway there

Since moving away from New Jersey I have come to view it less harshly and have even developed a perverse pride of my Jersey blood after witnessing people from other states struggle with some kind of Jersey Turrets Syndrome where they are powerless against asking about exits and mentioning refineries and smoke stacks. And ever since the HBO series, “the Sopranos,” portrayed it so glowingly, Jersey expatriates have been provided some kind of blanket mob cred, which I’m not too proud to roll with. Anyway, I think when I moved away there was some kind of microchip implanted in my brain that invokes the song “living on a prayer” by Bon Jovi every time someone says, “halfway there.” Ever since I passed the twenty week mark in my pregnancy someone will ask me how far along I am and say, “oh you’re halfway there” and without knowing they have pressed play on the chorus of that song that seems to be on a constant loop inside my head lately. This microchip idea is not a new theory of mine because I already hold it responsible for my steadfast delight in all things airbrushed; my firm belief that all businesses should be open 24-hours a day; and my inability to express myself verbally without using the f-word and the word “boom” when I draw a conclusion or provide driving directions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the song "living on a prayer" has been known to cause many different types of pain, and if it is true that said song is looping infinitly in your brain, one might think the the song could be the root cause of your back pain. look in to it and let me know what you find.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about a progress picture? - from tia j

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big mamma.
i think there is only one thing more healthy for your pregnacy than hearing bon jovi songs over and over in your head... teasing up your hair and belting those bon jovi songs out at karaoke tonight! this blog is awesome and i can't wait for more!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home